There is nothing in me that can resist...
- Heart melting conversation with those who speak their truth, cuss and otherwise avoid being impressive at all cost.
- Sitting in silence and feeling the extreme joy of emptiness unfold in my lap and rest so easy there that I melt back into the universe and linger long enough to learn there is no difference between you and me. We are one. There is no need to hide your dirty toilet bowl, your mood that sunk to an all time low last month, your envy over someone else's house, clothes, car or driveway. We are one.
- Centering my mind's eye exquisitely on the shoulders of Mother Teresa and looking for a person in need to take to lunch, hear their story of heart wrenching hardship and reflecting back what really matters. Not their story of shame but that their soul is here now and lovable.
- Honoring my sons voice, fired-up spirit and dramatic intensity as he builds a case that is diabolically opposed to mine. Even as I want to run, lock myself in the bathroom and wish he would just say, “okay mom”, I resist my impulse to flee and instead sink into his slightly raised, yet passionate voice, hands in the air, points masterfully made and remain, above all else, connected.
- The softness of my sons cheeks. At times I can’t believe they are real. They surprise me every time I brush up against them. Its not skin. His cheeks are magical cloud-like puffs of soft, juicy - can almost taste them - gifts of goodness from another world reminding me always it is a miracle we are alive.
- Our many flaws. Yours and mine. Wading through the discomfort of lacking integrity and compassion when we fight back, defend, judge, react and otherwise lose our shit. When we crumble to the floor in a heap of snot and tears because our humanness does not allow us to get through unscathed. If not for these moments that tear me away from my moments of glory, I would learn nothing.
- Using every speck of kindness I can muster in any given moment to latch on to love and give something back.
- Being your friend. You are all beauties in my eyes. I am lucky enough to get to look at you. My heart is pumping hard to know you, create beauty with you and safeguard our secret, and sacred, hip check.